The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Caraga Regional Office conducted the region wide roll - out training and orientation of the guidelines on the functionality of local Anti-Drug Abuse Council (ADAC), Integrated Drug Monitoring and Reporting Information System (IDMRIS) and performance audit of ADACs last August 1 to 3, 2018 at Butuan Grand Palace Hotel, Butuan City.
The City/Municipal Chief of Police, ADAC Secretariat from the local government unit and DILG City/Municipal Local Government Operations Officer (C/MLGOO) from all over the region participated in the training.
The activity accomplished the following: (1) Understanding on the functionality of the local ADACs as outlined by Joint Memorandum Circular No. 2018-01; (2) Awareness on the approved assessment criteria for ADAC Performance Audit; (3) Discussed the creation of Performance Audit Team; (4) Completed the hands on simulation on IDMRIS which contains drug surrenderers, their individual profile, screening, assessment and interventions received from the local government unit; and (5) Formulated Roll Out Plan of Action.
The DILG ADAC Provincial Focal Persons were the resource speakers of the training. Mr. Arvin R. Silvosa gave a helpful discussion on Joint Memorandum Circular No. 2018-01. Ms. Leslie Ann M. Bantasan talked about the assessment criteria and modes of verification on the functionality of local ADACs. On the other hand, Ms. Jimylen H. Ballicud and Ms. Ma. Lourdes C. Martinez discussed the creation of the ADAC Performance Audit Team.
Highlighted in the event was the introduction and hands on simulation of ADAC reporting system, Integrated Drug Monitoring and Reporting Information System (IDMRIS). This was facilitated by the Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) Technical Support Team headed by Mr. Aaron Jose C. San Pedro.
The participants, Focal Persons and identified government agencies were given specific roles and activities that they need to undertake in their respective areas of responsibility, such as:
- City/Municipal Chief of Police: As Vice Chair of the City/Municipal Anti-Drug Abuse Council (C/MADAC), cascade the agenda to the rest of the members of the Council, coordinate with Chairperson, Local Chief Executive, on execution of ADAC action plans including the creation of Special Order to DDB for access to IDMRIS and prepare the Council for upcoming 2017 Performance Audit
- ADAC Provincial Focal Person: Cascade the agenda to the rest of the members of Provincial Anti-Drug Abuse Council (PADAC) and prepare for upcoming 2017 Performance Audit
- ADAC Secretariat: Utilize IDMRIS effective immediately for 2018 PWUD and encode PWUD from July 2016 to December 2017 until December 21, 2018
- C/MLGOO: Conduct provincial roll out training on strengthening the Barangay Anti-Drug Abuse Council (BADAC) and facilitate 2017 P/C/M/BADAC Performance Audit
- DILG,PNP, PDEA, Civic Society Organization (CSO): Create ADAC Audit Teams by end of the 3rd quarter
As committed, the DILG Caraga Region will continue to oversee the implementation and monitor the accomplishment of above mentioned activities within schedule.
By: Suzette T. Tinampay/Renelle L. Escuadro, ADAC Regional Technical Assistants
- Published: 08 August 2018